The Oscars

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by ponytail, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ponytail

ponytail Member

Watched the whole thing for the first time in a looooong while - anyone else think it was a big yawn?

Liked that the little guy - "Hurt Locker" - beat the big guy - "Avitar" - (also interesting they were both once married).

2. EasyKeeper

EasyKeeper New Member

See, normally I pull for the underdog, but did you see the Hurt Locker? I thought it was horrible, I almost turned it off. Plus all that stuff about the director or producer trying to sway the votes of the academy, then they win. Boooo!

3. cherokee

cherokee New Member

I am just glad that Sandra B won. I can't wait to see Blindside when it comes out on DVD on the 23rd

4. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

While The Hurt Locker got some factuals wrong, what was so horrible about it? While it wasn't a great movie and had some questionable parts to it, at least it's heart seemed to be in the right place, they did get some things right, and it had an interesting story (unlike some other contenders, ehem, cough, Dances with Smurfs). I'm glad Sandra B won for Blind Side, and I'm also happy that one of the cutest movies ever -- Up -- won something.

5. ryta

ryta New Member

I missed the dresses, dammit. I only saw Hurt Locker and Avatar and Hurt Locker hands down was better, at least imo.

6. ryta

ryta New Member

Actually I take that back. I really don't miss any of it much anymore. It was such a big thing when I was a kid, and now, it's just seems so long.

7. Limerick

Limerick MIA Moderator

I keep thinking of oscars, the cichlids (fish) when I read this topic title!

We watched some of it...I watched the end to see what won Best Picture. I was rooting for The Hurt Locker all the way!

8. JenR

I don't ever watch it because it's boring -- I just read to find out who won the next day ;D

9. EasyKeeper

EasyKeeper New Member

I just didn't think it was that good, it was slow and kinda boring. I didn't see avatar so I'm not saying that should have won, but compared to previous winners I don't think it holds up. I was excited to see it, it's a topic dear to my heart, but it was disappointing.

10. twistedwire

twistedwire New Member

Mylie (sp?) Cyrus' dress made me uncomfortable.

11. JenR

I would consider it one of the better ones at of a very unpromising crop of films. Is it just me, or does it seem as though they can't make movies anymore?

12. ponytail

ponytail Member

I thought the same thing ... but I think she was slouching so it wasn't the dress - it was her in it.

Yes - exactly. The majority don't keep your interest thru the whole thing.