Rhino lining in horse trailers?

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by susiebk, Sep 8, 2010.

1. susiebk

susiebk New Member

I'm thinking about having Rhino lining installed in my horse trailer. on the floor and about 16 inches up on the walls and divider. Anyone have spray-in bed liner in their horse trailer? Likes??? Dislikes??? Suggestions???

2. Shadow

Shadow New Member

I have been thinking about this too...the mats in the back are a Huge PITA to pull out and clean...I am curious to hear what the comments are..I think it is a great idea..but I would like to hear from those who have done it...

3. horsecrazier

horsecrazier Senior Member

I have seen it used about half way up on the walls. It is a little hard to get clean because of the texture. Just a hose won't do, it has to be scrubbed.

4. horsedreamin

horsedreamin Active Member

'03 Sundowners and newer have it on the outside and inside -- at least the goosenecks do. LOVE it! Mine has a little chip at the back door, but overall it's great. When I learned about this, it because a feature that was important to me in looking for a trailer. JMHO.

5. Shadow

Shadow New Member

I read about a product on the forum at Horse Trailer World that you can apply yourself...let me see if I can track it down and post...

6. Shelley

Shelley Senior Member

I had it put on the floor of my trailer. I wanted to protect the aluminum floor. I still use my mats as they provide cushioning. I wanted the coating to protect the floor from urine.

7. Shadow

Shadow New Member

8. Susan

Susan New Member

I have been thinking about it too. The current rubber pads on the walls are thin and have torn in places exposing the aluminum. It needs to be fixed. Hoping JimBob will chime in in regards to the trailer spray on liners out there.

9. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

If my trailer didn't already have a Rumber floor, I'd have my husband do the coating for sure. I hope I never have to deal with rubber mats again.

DO IT! And take pics and post in the Project Blog...

10. Deaufan

Deaufan New Member

Duplicolor brand truck bed liner kits are available at Advance Auto Parts for about $80.00 (the coating covers about 60 s.f.)

11. susiebk

susiebk New Member

I'm afraid to do it myself:( but I will call Rhino lining or an estimate TODAY.....they did the bed of our Ford Ranger about 10 years ago-no chips, nothing....still looks great. And I do have a power washer, so cleaning it shouldn't be too difficult. I was hoping JimBob would post that the trailer place does it........

12. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Susie - Midway does not do it. I asked when I had my trailer up there last Winter. They referred me to a Rhino-liner place...

I wouldn't think it would be that hard to do it yourself. You would probably do a better job than they do ;)

13. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I do not know why Mr. Zimmerman has not posted yet, because him and his father applied it to one of his trucks.

I can't remember if he said it was a PITA or not......or know how it is holding up or I'd just speak for him! >:D :laugh:

14. snaffle

snaffle New Member

I put the spray on pick up bed liner stuff on the inside of my trailer door that was in front of the first horse and often got kicked.

I am very happy with it.

15. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

Get a price from Line-X too, a Rhino competitor...unless you do it yourself.

I won't ever have a truck without one of these liners either.

16. susiebk

susiebk New Member

Will you come help me;)???

17. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Sure - Lets practice on your trailer, and then do mine >:D :laugh:

18. Appyrider

Appyrider New Member

19. jimbob

jimbob New Member

Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner, but I am a strong advocate of sprayed walls and floors in horsetrailers. As mentioned, Sundowner has been doing this since 1998 in ther horse area; and since 2003 on the necks and breastplates of their trailers. Kiefer started spraying the steel portion of their necks two years ago.

We have been spraying floors of customers trailers (new and used) for several years here at the dealership. It will certainly slow down any degradation of an aluminum floor. Anyone wanting a quote on the cost of having it done to their trailer, call Jason or Tony at Midway Trailer Sales at 815 434-1800.

20. Amurry

Amurry New Member

Has anyone did a wooden floor before? I have a smaller two horse with a new wooden floor, with mats down. Have thought about doing the walls in it, but would it even stick to the wood if I wanted to do the floor also? I am not sure how comfortable I would be with it on the floor anyhow, cannot see what condition the wood is in without crawling under, but that is really no biggy. Just got mats for the gooseneck, but would love to do the walls half way up on it as well. For those of you that have gotten quotes for cost how much are they? What size is your trailer?