Frozen Fingers

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by Paintfancy, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Paintfancy

Paintfancy New Member

Okay, I know it's the flippin' tundra out there, but I'm just wondering what you all do to keep your fingertips warm. Even using hand warmers, my finger tips feel like they are going to break off when I have to muck stalls or muck drylots- and it's not just in these sub zero temps. I can bundle up so I'm nice and warm but I cannot keep my fingertips warm. I've also tried mittens. No dice.

2. cudabear

cudabear New Member

no clue but glad I'm not the only one. I thought it was a side effect from weather related issue I had years ago.

3. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I HATE that! I'll ware a thin set of gloves under my winter gloves and they still feel like they are going to break off.

But then...like yesterday...while mucking the stalls I got pretty warm and had to take them off... I can never figure out when I will freeze them off and when I'll be stripping off the gloves....and more...>:D

4. Powdernsmoke

Powdernsmoke Active Member

I have no clue either? By the time I get back in the house I literally cannot feel my fingers. If I get desperate while I am in the barn I will strip off one glove at a time and stick that hand up between poor Cooters butt cheeks. Poor guy looks at my like "what the HECK lady?!".

5. Paintfancy

Paintfancy New Member

Tammy somehow I knew you were going to say something about stripping! :poodspole:

Poor Cooter! :eek:

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I was starting to think Lupus or something. Seriously. I knew someone once who had it, but her fingertips would do that just going out in the cold. Effin' weather! So grateful that my boys and the barn kitties have a nice place to at least block the wind.

It was actually warm last night in all that blustery, blowing snow, then this morning just bites!

6. twistedwire

twistedwire New Member

I wear those cheap little $1 stretchy gloves underneath a pair of fleece lined leather mittens.

Life changing, I tell you.

I can pull my hand out if I need my fingers, and stick my hand back in...my finger tips have held up pretty well except the last couple awful days, but even then it's SOOOO much better than gloves.

7. Appyrider

Appyrider New Member

Wool mittens (not gloves). Your fingers will stay warmer when together

8. Sarah315

Sarah315 Active Member

I use work gloves that are a bit too large, it's all about the air cushion. And I put a hand warmer on the top of my hands, to warm up the blood in the veins, lol. I buy hand warmers by the case at Sams or. Costco.

9. Flea

Flea New Member

I picked up a nice pair of mittens/gloves from gander mountain. They have an actual glove under the mittens unlike other gloves that have the finger cut offs. Then there is a little pouch to put the hot hands in. I will also wear a thin pair of gloves underneath too because The gloves that are there don't keep my fingers warm enough.

Before I got this pair of mittens I would get the toe warmers and stick them in my mittens. With that though I found that sometimes my fingers would get hot because there was nothing between my fingers and the warmers.