Frankie

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by RickB., Jan 31, 2014.

1. RickB.

RickB. New Member

Frankie, 03/2003 - 01/29/14

The other night while I was out of town, Frankie passed away.
    Just six weeks shy of turning eleven, she found it time to go.

Lymphoma is a silent killer and it slowly destroyed her cell by cell.
    We knew the time was coming soon when I'd have to make a choice. She must have wanted to spare me that burden and though I didn't
    know it at the time, she was saying goodbye as I walked out the door.

We had those years and great ones they were but the time slipped top quickly by. All her family human and canine alike, mourn her passing and I at least know she is at last pain and trouble free and running with those who went before her. And there a several of them.

Her ashes remain and in time, will join me in my eternal rest. Rest in peace my little one 'cause it won't be too long 'till we are reunited.

Know that you will always be missed. Until a better day .

In death as in life.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  2. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

Condolences to you and your family - human and animal - on Frankie's passing. I believe I had the pleasure of meeting her once at the horse fest in Rockford.

Godspeed Frankie. :(

3. Powdernsmoke

Powdernsmoke Active Member

I am so sorry for your loss, Rick. Godspeed Frankie.

4. ponytail

ponytail Member

Lovely memorial, Rick. Sounds like she was as lucky having you for her owner as you were having her. So sorry for your loss.

5. DENNIS

DENNIS Member

sorry for your loss seems like we have all had some tough luck the last few months

6. Susan

Susan New Member

Hugs to you and your family. It is so hard to lose them.

7. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Rick, I am so sorry to read about Frankie....
    It sucks when they hide it so much that you miss the signs. I sure do hope you are OK with the goodbye she provided you....

Godspeed Frankie, you were definitely loved!

8. aahpets

aahpets Resident Smartass

Oh Rick I am so very sorry about Frankie.

9. cinner74

cinner74 Member

So sorry to be reading this!! They take our hearts without warning don't they? RIP Frankie!

10. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

I am so sorry. RIP Frankie.

11. Sarah315

Sarah315 Active Member

Rick, I'm so sorry you lost your friend.

12. ryta

ryta Active Member

Was Frankie the neat little black dog on a pic a while back? If so, some pics just get dogs right. Either way, RIP.

13. RickB.

RickB. New Member

My thanks to everyone for their most kind thoughts. Frankie was my blue merle mini-aussie not the red many of you have seen traveling with me. That one is Lucy. The little black and tan one that Ryta may be referring to is "Bugg" who adopted us about 18 months ago. Regardless both Lucy and Bugg have helped me ease my sadness. Frankie has been cremated and her ashes will, in time, join me when I am at last laid to rest.

Again, thanks to one and all for your kind words. They are the best as are you. Rick