Beef Stroganoff recipe needed

Discussion in 'Chuck Wagon' started by burgie, Apr 1, 2013.

1. burgie

burgie New Member

Preferrably one that could be done in a crockpot...
    :)

2. BUC

BUC Administrator

I've got one, no crock pot but literally takes 15-20 minutes tops and it's yummy.

Put a pan of water on for your noodles...

Fry hamburger, onions and mushrooms together until done, drain

Your water will be boiling now...add noodles of your choice. I like the spiral ones.

Add a can of cream of mushroom, a cup of sour cream and enough milk to make it a good sauce consistency to your hamburger. Stir well and cook on med-low.

When your noodles are done so is the sauce.

I think it's even better the next day :p

3. lori

lori New Member

Im going to say, I like the Hamburger Helper beef stroganoff. :D High on my list of comfort food, and I'm not *that* into boxed food... Kinda.

4. Powdernsmoke

Powdernsmoke Active Member

HAH! I was going to say "Buy a box of Hamburger Helper and some ground beef and follow the directions"! Everyone in this house loves the stuff.

5. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

6. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

This ^ is very similar to the one I make.
    We use fresh mushrooms and fresh garlic *!*!*!*

The recipe came with the crock pot so I had to try it and have been making it for quite a few years.

In a pinch I have added browned ground beef.....but not as good. ;)

7. burgie

burgie New Member

Thanks, ET!
    That was exactly the kind of recipe I was looking for.

It's in the crockpot now.

This is the "Thank you for taking care of me and all my disgustingness, dear husband" meal.
    Has to be stew beef and not ground beef. :)

8. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Well, I sure hope he likes it! :th_fluffbunny:
    You are a good wife Burgie! ;D

9. burgie

burgie New Member

He loved it - ate a ton tonight and is taking it to work tomorrow.
    And I'm just a so-so wife. Poor guy did quite a bit of, umm, cleaning up after me over the weekend with nary a complaint. :-X

Now...what to make tomorrow?

10. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Since he seems to be a "meat N Taters" kind of guy, why not beef stew or a corned beef brisket with all the trimmings?
    Both can be done in the crock pot too! ;)

11. burgie

burgie New Member

We've had both in the past two weeks.
    He'll eat anything I make - tonight is walking tacos - but I'm trying to branch out with the recipes.

Gotta get more crockpot recipes figured out come August!

12. Mstar

Mstar New Member

I live by the crockpot lol. These are a couple quick and easy ones I've made this week.

I made a really good, super easy eye of round steak in the crockpot the other night. I got the sliced meat because they were cheap but was warned it's a tough meat. I rubbed a tiny bit of salt on each of them, put them in the crockpot with a sliced onion, mushrooms and green peppers. Pour a can of cream of mushroom soup over it, add some pepper, and that's it. I let it cook on low for 8 hours and the meat was so tender I could hardly get it out of the crockpot without it falling apart. Went great with mashed potatoes.

This one is quicker and could be done in the oven in a baking dish. Place chicken (breasts, tenders, sliced, whatever) in crockpot with some sliced onions and cook 4 hours on low or 2 on high. Then add a can of strained artichokes, fresh or frozen spinach, garlic, mozzerella or monterey jack cheese and 4-8oz of cream cheese (depending on how much chicken you have, 4 oz would be for a little under a pound). You can add as much cheese as you want depending on how much you want as a "dip". Let cook for another half to one hour. You have Spinach Artichoke Chicken! Best part is you can serve it with a side of tortilla chips and eat up the dip part.